Yes, You Can Still Find JOY!
“Your challenges don’t need to paralyze you, let them be the catalyst to discover who you really are.” – Jaki Sabourin
Right now, the world isn’t a very happy place. There is stress and strife no matter where you look, and with our 24-hour news cycle, it’s hard to not invite that negative energy right into your heart.
Have you let the world stage steal your joy? Balancing the despair, you feel when you hear about tragedy and injustice with hope is a delicate act, to be sure. But it can be done! In fact, I urge you not to let the tragedies of the world paralyze you, for that’s when you stop taking care of yourself, which isn’t good for anyone.
Besides, joy is the key to manifesting what you genuinely desire in your life! When we’re not a vibrational match to what it is that we truly want, we simply cannot attract it. Instead, we are then put into a holding pattern of sorts, until we can identify the discord and come back into vibrational resonance.
Remember that you are a creator whether you are conscious or not! Make a conscious decision to bring yourself back to joy. Energy flows where your attention goes.
Here are 7 ways I bring more joy into my life, and you can start using them too, ad practice self-care at the same time. It’s a win-win!
- Gratitude – make a habit of naming 3 things (at least!) that you are grateful for each day. Even better if you can write them down!
- Exercise – the best stress reliever and head-clearer around. Sweat out the negativity and feel calmer and more peaceful afterward.
- Personal growth – take an online course, find a new hobby, branch out your reading…anything to expand your mind and bring in a flood of new ideas!
- Tune out the news and TV – as I said before, we are in a 24-hour news cycle, and bad news attracts more clicks and viewers. Give yourself a few minutes to check the headlines each day if you must, but endless scrolling through nothing but bad news isn’t good for your soul. The world isn’t all bad, I promise, though most media outlets lead us to believe otherwise!
- Get back to nature – multiple studies have shown the benefits of being outside and getting fresh air!
- Meditate – no, it isn’t easy at first to quiet your mind for long minutes at a time. But there are many apps out there that can help you learn. I do this every day and I can’t believe how much more centered I feel!
- Eat healthy – especially during this time of COVID, eating healthy food is the best thing you can do for your body and mind. Eating well decreases inflammation, can help prevent disease and keeps you from “crashing” and being crabby every afternoon!
Maybe you think, “when I get the relationship I want I’ll become more joyful,” or “when I make x amount of money, I’ll really be happy,” but it doesn’t work that way. No number of magical things or events will ever make you feel truly content. The pleasure from external things is temporary; instant gratification only goes so far.
You must learn to be happy with who you are and with what you have right now so you can step into vibrational harmony with your higher power. Being connected to your joy is the fastest way to attract what you want!
Benefits of feeling more joy:
- promotes a healthier lifestyle
- boosts immune system
- fights stress and pain
- supports longevity
- attracts similar joyful experiences and relationships.
There is still joy to be found, friends! You only need to be open to it. The key to this openness is gratitude and appreciation for what you have right now while simultaneously desiring more. The universe will respond to your gratefulness and joy and reward you with even more to be grateful for! I’ve seen it work time and again.
And don’t forget- your ultimate goal is to attract LOVE.
Men cannot resist a woman who stands in her joy and finds reasons to be happy and light when the world around her isn’t. He will be magnetically attracted to your energy and will even begin to crave it!
So, go ahead! Appreciate the sunset, dance in your bedroom, buy a new lipstick, do whatever you feel like doing to squeeze as much joy as you can from each moment of your day!